Sunday, July 24, 2011

June - Wisconsin Dells

As the month of May wrapped up, Spring semester of Graduate school did too! All of my classmates went on to graduate without me sadly, but I am ok with it because I will have two degrees at the end of December. Summer semester of school began June 1...not much of a break seeing as I stayed in the schools I was doing my field work in one week prior! Needless to say...at this point I am getting really tired of being in school and constantly driving down to UWM! But hey...its summer and what is 9 hours a week of class going to bring me down for?!?!

June began as a pretty routine month and one that didn't have much variability, that is, until I began my summer practicum at The Center for Autism Treatment. I am doing in home Behavior Therapy for little ones who have been diagnosed with Autism. It is very rewarding and very exhausting all at the same time! While going to class and going into people's homes to do therapy I found time to have some fun.

I attended, Casey, my friend from high school's wedding shower and bachelorette party and that was fabulous!!! My little nugget, Emma Jean, graduated high school and will be going off to La Crosse in fall as well! Mom and Dad invited us to go to a Brewers game with them and I was amazed at how large the new scoreboard actually is!

As I stated in a previous post...June was the month we took our yearly Bliemeister trip to the Wilderness in the Dells. It was a really good time. My dad got me an iPad 2 for my birthday and an early graduate gift in May and I brought it along to take pictures because my camera was and still is broken! Here are some Photobooth pictures from our trip:


Here is Mom trying to hide from me, but I caught her off guard before going into the hot tub!









Here is David relaxing in the hot tub and having a cold one!










Here is my sister Jamie (and the little one) relaxing in the chair watching sports!

Here is her husband Steve, looking like his 5 year old self many years ago...haha!
 Daddy-O looking like some sort of marsupial!

 Lindsay making a funny face at me while shrinking down to size!

Andy, my soon to be brother-in-law, looking very special!










And here is me....the only one who doesn't deserve to be photoboothed :)!!! Why?? Because I say so...









Our trip did not consist of anyone getting hurt *sneeze* MOM!!! We stayed at the Wilderness Friday night and stayed at Ho-Chunk Saturday night. This really was a short weekend, as we usually go on Memorial day weekend and have an extra day, but we had a great time!

I had my 6 week checkup after my LASIK eye surgery (David got me this for my birthday) and all is well. I am seeing 15/20 in my right eye and it looks like HD and I am seeing 20/20 in my left! I couldn't be happier to be able to get out of bed and get going. It is simply amazing!

I was looking forward to July as there are many fun festivities planned already in June and I am sure more will be added as July goes along! Another update to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment