Friday, September 23, 2011

July - Better Late Than Never

Holy Cow!!! Blogging is SO hard to do in the summer! This summer was especially crazy as I am working three jobs, had two classes that took up many of my week nights and did a lot of wedding shower, baby shower and bachelorette party planning!

We will start from beginning to end! This may be longest post ever made by man :) !!!

To start off the month right...SUMMERFEST!!! Worlds Largest Music Festival treated us country fans well this year! David and I attended all of the country concert except Sugarland (who I am not that fond of) on the closing day of the fest.

On July 1st my sister Jamie, her husband Steve, David and I saw Toby Keith with opener Eric Church. Here are some pictures from that night! It was VEEERY warm and the crowd was not breezy at all. Toby Keith filmed for his hit single "Made in America" at the amphitheater this night as well as in Cedarburg the 4th of July. His video is great!!!

Eric Church:









Crowd Sporting the Flags they handed out:











David and I - VERY WARM:










The Man Himself <3:









The next night of Summerfest of course was Philly V - Phil Vassar on a free stage - as always!!! Good show, but for those of us who go and go and go...he needs to change his playlist up a bit! Knew exactly what was coming after each song! I STILL LOVE YOU PHILLY!!!

I spent time over the next week planning for my sister's wedding shower. I didn't have much time because Friday night (July 8th) was another country concert!!! Thompson Square, Chris Young and Jason Aldean!! This concert was super amazing! No one can beat Toby Keith's intensity, patriotism and performance, but Jason Aldean rocked the house!!! My pictures from this concert are on a camera and haven't been uploaded yet...oh well!!! He sure was sexy though!

On the 11th, I started a night class that was 3.5 hours twice a week! It sucked because I just wnated to go home and be with my dogs and my hubby, buy had to spend time looking at test assessments, analyze their validity and reliability and blah blah blah!!! Par for the course because I am going to graduate in December!!! Well worth the shortened class in the Summer Session!

My sister Jamie and I planned and ran the Germantown Park and Recreations "Amazing Race" for the second year in a row. Families compete just like they do on the show. They have speed bumps, road blocks, travel info and regulations they need to follow. Teams use their own vehicles and go to about 16 different stops throughout the Germantown community and engage in tasks, puzzles and brain teasers! The families seem to love it and I am glad I got to help organize it! It ran smoothly and my other sister, Lindsay along with our dear friend Diane and her son Andrew, took second place!!!

With not much downtime I was right back at it. Lindsay's shower was Sunday the 17th and we rented the Germantown Senior Activity Center which was a superb location! She thoroughly enjoyed it and thanked me so many times for how great it was. We each made a scrapbook page, which I later pasted everyones pictures on for Lindsay. We played many fun and different games and spent a good part of the day celebrating Lindsay and her upcoming wedding!!! Here are some pictures of the arrangement, activities and guests:

Me, Lindsay, Grams, Jamie and Mom:









The favor was a candy bar with personalized bags to
take the goodies home:









Centerpieces (with edibles):









The food spread:









The Bride with Her Cake:












 The Bride with Her Personalized Bag:












I finally had two weeks...yes TWO weeks...thank the lord, of downtime of just school and work!

I will be updating my month of August, which was full of interesting busy-ness soon!

Have a good one,

No comments:

Post a Comment