Friday, September 23, 2011

August - North Woods

August was another month of interesting fun! I was kept busy by my family's current events and celebrations!

The first weekend of the month my Dad's...Dad's side got together and I got to see, meet and reminisce about my Grandpa (passed away last October) my Dad and hear new and interesting stories. This was a great event for my Dad's uncle Richard as he passed away not even a week later. Must have been the closure he needed.

Another fun thing I did was....SEE ANOTHER CONCERT!!! Can never get enough of country concerts. My main man Blake Shelton came to the WI State Fair and I saw one of the best shows he's ever put on! Miranda Lambert made a surprise appearance on Hillbilly Bone and faded back into the stage setup! She rocked it. There were great T-shirts that said "Kiss My Country ASS" and I of course bought one! Needless to say, for a Wednesday night...it was well spent!

My friend Casey from High School got marries on the 13th of August!!! Congrats Casey and Phil! They have the most precious little man already and I know they will make more beautiful babies in the future!!! :)

Here is David and I before the reception:













A very important milestone was met in August!!! Our dogs Guinness and Kahlua turned one!!! Happy First Birthday girls...WE LOVE YOU!!!! 8.15.10 they were born and we adopted them 10.9.10 from a Breeder in Minnesota.

Cheeeeeese:













Kahlua has the idea:












As my summer classes were coming to a close I had other...more important? things to do besides study!!! Ryan Pelton came to Potowatomi...he is the ONE and ONLY Elvis impersonator! He looks just like him and can sing pretty damn good! I got to go with my grams who LOVES Elvis and jokes that he isn't dead! Check him out...these are from my Blackberry so they aren't that good:






































For a weekend in August, we spent time with David's parents up north in Praire du Chien. We did some fishing and had a great time on the Mississippi River! We rented a pontoon and cooked out! I will say, thank you very much, that I caught the FIRST fish as I said I would...David and Mr Krinn caught the most, but I definitely caught the first one! BOOYAH! We brought our dogs along and they got to experience the cabin and boat life! They were so happy to not be in their kennels or cooped up in our doggy room! Check it out:

Kahlua (left) and Guinness Riding in the
back of Grandpa Dan's truck:
SO PRETTY












David and his first fish:












Kahlua enjoying the ride:












David and I on the boat:












During this month, throughout all of the chaos and busy-ness of my midterms, final presentations and final exams...I was planning my sister Jamie's Baby Shower! I hosted the party in my backyard and thoroughly enjoyed planning this shower as well! Thanks to Mrs. Kargus and My Mom for helping with the shower as well as my sister Lindsay and Jamie's sister-in-law Lisa!!! Here is some pics from the day of:


Jamie and Lindsay (see the cute clothes hanging in the back):














Jamie and Me:














Jamie and Mom:













After that party I slept like a rock and was thankful the month of August was over!!! Exciting things to come in September are: Grandma (90) and Dad's (56) Birthdays, Our One year Anniversary, Lindsay's Bachelorette Party, My Final Semester as a Graduate Student and the most important....ITS DUCK HUNTING SEASON!!!! Not...so the hubs will be gone soon for a few weekends...time to play!!!

Here's to a healthy September,

No comments:

Post a Comment