Saturday, November 5, 2011

September - Happy Birthday

So...I guess my normal posting routine is 2 months behind...OOPSIE!!! Now that the baby and wedding season is over I may be able to catch up. I won't be as interesting...so there won't be as much substance to try and remember to post!!!

Anyways...September was another great month for the Krinns!

September began the FINAL semester of Graduate school for me! I will graduate this winter with a Master's of Science in Educational Psychology. I will have a concentration in School Counseling and Community Counseling. Is it December yet?!?!?! Christmas will have extra special meaning this year, as I will be in the holiday spirit full force!!!

The 4th of September is a shared birthday for my Dad and my maternal Grandma. On the 4th, we celebrated my Grandma's NINETIETH [9-0 people] birthday with a surprise attendance at Sunday's mass and a brunch at the Copper Dock! We enjoyed celebrating my Grandma but didn't want to forget about my dad. David and I set up for the family to get together and eat at Zaffiro's and see a movie on the 3rd. Daddy still got his hoorah and we spent quality family time over food!

Here are some pictures from our gathering:

 Here is grandma walking into church with her daughter (my aunt) Sue and she realizes we are all there!!!! SURPRISE GRAMS!!!!
 Here is the whole gang...just because we aren't together that often I am going to name everyone :)
Back: Bob-Dad, John-Cousin, Jerry-Cousin-in-Law, Steve-Brother-in-Law, Scotty-Cousin, Jim-Uncle, Mike-Uncle
Second: Liza-Cousin, Lindsay-Sister, David-Husband, Scott-Uncle, Mike-Uncle
Third: Jamie-Sister, Paula-Mom, Sue-Aunt, Carol-Aunt, Kathy-Aunt(Godmother)
Front: Missy-Cousin, Grandma<3Ethel, Cel-Great Aunt, Me



Here is me and Grams together with her Birthday treat from the restaurant!!! :)
 Grandma and the biological grandchildren!
 That was a day that I will remember forever and I hope we are fortunate enough to celebrate many more with her.

Oh...can't forget Dad's birthday treat too:


















Right after the celebration of Grandma and Dad...was David and My FIRST ANNIVERSARY!!! David kicked me out of the house and told me I could not come back until he said so. This is what he surprised me with.

 I walk into my kitchen to see this...
...A replica of our wedding setup and dinner. Complete with our unity candles, moscato and the exact meal we shared.




 Caesar salad with parmesan crisp :)







 Steak, corn (instead of potatoes...carbs people) and green beans.






Three of the four drinks we passed during our cocktail hour. Blue Hawaiian (Blue), New York Cosmopolitan (New) and Run Runner (Borrowed). He really outdid himself this time!





 He also remade out late night snack of an ice cream drink: Grasshopper! We have shared over 15 together since he made these at home!!!
 Our real tier spoiled (see previous post) and he went to a local shop and got a look a like made from one of our wedding photographs...what a keeper!
Here is the hubby with my gift that I gave him. I took photos in my wedding gown (thanks Sara) and made a shadow box for him.






This was such an eventful month that we are only in the first week and had this much fun already!!! I have officially applied for Graduation and will be walking in the ceremony on December 18th as of September 17th!!! Speaking of the 17th...we celebrated my sister Lindsay's final days of being single with her Bachelorette party. I planned and organized everything for this day and was happy with how it turned out! Lindsay seemed to have a pretty good time and the guests were good and drunk by the end of the night = a success...except for me and my pregnant sister of course!!!

Check it out:

 Bridesmaids before pedicures!!!
 Lindsay, Michelle and Julie getting their toes done!











Lindsay and the cops downtown!!!









 Me and Linds on the booze cruise!!!
 Ashley, Linds and Cathy...totally stole that off another party's table!!!
Love this photo!!!












I am glad we decided to have Lindsay's party earlier in the month because before we knew it...BABY WAS ON THE WAY!!!!

On September 30, my sister Jamie went into the hospital early with high liver enzymes and preeclampsia. It had gotten bad enough that she was admitted and things progressed fast. Jamie was admitted at 9:00am and gave birth to my god daughter before dinner!!! She was truly amazing and I was able to be a part of and experience the whole thing from beginning to end...in the delivery room! Here are some great shots I was able to capture from that day! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASHLYN ELYSE KARGUS!!! Auntie Manda loves you and you will always be my wiggle worm!!!

 Here is my hubby David, with Jamie, Steve and my niece Ashlyn!!!
 Congratulations Momma!!! About 10 minutes after giving birth...stunning!
 Ashlyn Elyse before she got her first bath. Wearing the "bad" hat as they called it...the good hat came after her bath!
 Property of Jamie and Steve...no stealing her!
 The happy family about 30 minutes after she arrived!
Great Grandma Ethel (the one who is 90...she looks great right!) and Jamie after delivery!!!







September was one of my busiest months this year...but I know October is going to be even busier and I better get some good sleep to make up for my go go go schedule!!! I am so happy with how the school semester has started, the events that are to come and the time I will get to spend with my wiggles! Bring it on October!

Until next time,


No comments:

Post a Comment