Thursday, May 10, 2012

March Madness

It has been a very long time since I have had time to create a new blog. I always get super jealous of my friend Jenna, who is a super mom, a great friend, a devoted christian AND an extreme blogger! She never misses a beat and I definitely wish I could keep my blogging up the way that I keep up with the rest of my busy life!

Going all the way back to March...

Michael Jackson - Immortal Tour of Cirque du Soliel came to the Bradley Center in Milwaukee and it was THE most inspirational thing I have seen in a long...very long time! One of the dancers began as a copper statue outside of "neverland" gates and when the main character came over by him...his copper crutches fell off, but his real crutches were behind them. And right before our eyes...his left leg from his knee down...remained a copper piece of the statue as the rest of his body jumped off on to the stage. This dancer, who was not only a part of the inspirational song, dance and piece in the performance, has one leg and was a professional dancer...who traveled the nation in an amazing Cirque production! He never missed a beat and did everything that any of the other dancers did. He was in probably 5 pieces throughout and even waved a Marquette flag around on his crutch at the end, as the crowd went wild! I would have gone to see it again the next night if I hadn't already had plans! Inspiration....finds you in the most unexpected places...Congratulations MJ, Cirque and Mr. Copper Statue...you are all amazing!

Several other small things happened in March...like TWO Baby Showers, The Hunger Games (much anticipated with my sisters and me) and I got to watch Jordan, one of the kids I used to Nanny for, play club volleyball for the team I used to play for.

The Madness continued when David and I took a trip with my parents to Las Vegas! It was for a week, and in Vegas time...that is bankruptcy length! My mother is a video poker fiend and had no trouble getting our hotel stay comped...so we thankfully are not bankrupt AND we had an amazing time!

When we were in Vegas....it was March Madness College Basketball Finals, Michael Jordan had a Charity Celebrity Golf competition AND it was the Academy of Country Music Awards! We stayed at the Bellagio and Caesars throughout our trip, but ventured to almost every hotel at some point during our trip! We even visited the Hoover Dam...thanks to my historic / sight seeing husband! It was very fun to search for Country Stars as well as Celebrities on our trip...we saw a bunch of Country Stars walk the carpet into the Awards show and enjoyed the ACM Expo center with activities, shopping and free samples! We were lucky enough to attend several shows while in Vegas. We saw the Jabbawockeez (from America's Best Dance Crew - Season One) at the Monte Carlo, saw The Blue Man Group at The Venetian and we saw Mystere (A Cirque Show) at Treasure Island. We tried to get tickets for the ACMs, but it was completely sold out! I am truly grateful to have taken this trip with my husband and parents and am thankful for everything I have, have done and will do in my life!

Here are some photos from our trip:

 Lady Antebellum on the carpet!!!











 KISS on the carpet!!!
 Sara Evans on the carpet!!!
 Brantley Gilbert performing at a free downtown Fremont Street ACM performance!!!
 Wayne Gretzky at the Golf Tournament!!! What a Sight!
 Aaron Rodgers...YAY WISCONSIN!!!
 Me at the Jabbawockeez show!!! So Exciting!
David and Me in front of ARIA...our favorite hotel!!! Decor, Smell and Atmosphere!!!










March turned out to be a very busy, fun-filled and blessed month! I have my health, my dogs, my husband and a roof over my head! Life IS good!!!

To A Healthy May,


No comments:

Post a Comment