Saturday, June 9, 2012

Week of Celebrations

May 14 - May 20

Monday, May 14th was my 25th birthday! I am feeling so old lately! My husband kept asking me what I wanted for my birthday. All I told him was love, health and happiness (all which have special meaning to us) and I got just that. I have been collecting Pandora charms and without even knowing it, my mom and dad got me a kanji character that means "happiness" or "good fortune" and David got me a dangly heart (love). My health has been great lately and I am thankful for that!

My sister Jamie turned 30 this week and my brother in law Steve, turned 31! We didn't really have time to celebrate any of our birthdays because we are all so busy! I sometimes wish it didn't have to be like that as I feel like life is passing me by WAY too quickly!

On May 19th, I did something I have NEVER done before! I participated in a 5K - The Color Run, in Racine. I did not prepare my body or my mind at all before...and that was a silly idea! I thought, "oh its 3 miles...duh, i can do that," but I was wrong! I then realized as I was running...that I have never even ran more than ONE mile! This is a girl who WALKED the mile in middle school for the fitness awards! What was I thinking?!? It was a great experience and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to give a 5K a go...its great incentive to see yourself getting to the next color and knowing you are closer to the end!Our group was called "Bright, Bold and Beautiful" and we each selected a color to represent. Lindsay was green, Mollie was orange, Seramur was yellow, Stacey was purple and I was Blue. Here is a post-run photo of the damage:


















I felt like I was dying after about .5 of a mile, but I lasted about 1.2 miles before I had to walk it out! I was proud of myself, but wish that I was in better shape to get further! If you ever get the courage to run a 5K...let it be this one! It was such a great time! I definitely celebrated this day....finishing and still being alive!

I have realized that I am not so good at the weekly posting or posting every time a special event occurs, but have made a conscious effort to do so throughout what I hope to be an amazing summer!

Don't live for tomorrow...Live for right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment